The green lawn in front of the house is not only a decoration of the landscape, but also a place to relax. To make the lawn look attractive, you need to take care of it, in particular, mow it regularly. You can save time with a lawn mower. Equipment should be purchased in specialized stores. If it is chosen correctly, there will be no problems with its operation.
Why do you need a lawn mower and how to choose it
Lawn-mowers are called landscape gardening equipment, characterized by such functional features as the presence of wheels, small size and average power level. Equipment of this type is designed for processing flat areas characterized by simple geometry. However, they should not be confused with manual trimmers. Today, a large number of models are presented on the market that vary in functionality, operating principle, energy source, type of drive and engine.
In order to justify the cost of purchasing equipment, at the planning stage, a list of the most important criteria must be made.
- material possibilities. Much depends on how much a potential customer is willing to give for a lawn mower. In particular, the price that will be guided when searching for a suitable model;
- the area of the lawn. This indicator must be taken into account when determining the optimal width of the cutting block. At the same time, one must not forget about the presence or absence of such decorative elements as flower beds, alpine hills, borders. Mowing grass around them is much more difficult than in open space;
- cutting height. She is known in advance. For example, on a tennis court, the minimum height of the grass cover is 5 mm. In any case, you need to pay attention to the device by which this value is adjusted. The number of levels for fixing the height depends on the diameter of the wheels. If there are bumps, pits and other obvious defects on the site, a lawnmower with central adjustment should be preferred;
- grass catcher design. It can be either fabric or plastic. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages;
- noise level. Depends on the type of unit;
- the presence of the mulching function. The option should be used if dry soft grass gets into the mower when mowing. Otherwise, damage cannot be avoided. Another negative disadvantage of incorrect use of this function may be the untidy appearance of the lawn. Mulch clogged in the turf layer will inhibit the growth of young grass.
Also, one should not ignore the reviews of specialists and gardeners who have already exploited the model they liked.
Particular attention should be paid to technical characteristics, reliability, performance, ergonomics and maneuverability.
Rating of mechanical lawn mowers: 4 models
There is no engine in the design of mechanical lawnmowers. The source of energy in this case is muscular effort. The list of advantages is supplemented by budget cost, environmental friendliness and lack of noise effect. Such units are suitable for small areas covered with young grass.
The top contains the following models:
- AL-KO Soft Touch 38 HM Comfort. This is a two-wheeled non-self-propelled drum type lawn mower. Its weight is about 8 kg. The drum is equipped with 5 knives. The case is durable and lightweight. The unit should be used for processing lawns with complex terrain, the area of which does not exceed 250 m2. Cost: about 4000 rubles, a grass catcher for it 1300-1400 rubles .;
- BOSCH AHM 30. The units have no mulching function, and there is no grass catcher in its design. The weight of lawn mowers in this series does not exceed 7 kg. Cost: 4500-5000 rub.;
- Gardena 400 Classic. The optimum area under cultivation varies from 200 to 400 m2. Work parts do not have to be grinded, as they are made of steel. Folding handles provide ease of use. Cost: approximately 6500 rubles .;
- Husqvarna 54. The weight of this lawn mower is 8.6 kg, the width of the mowing strip is 0.4 m. The advantages include durability and easy operation. The cost is about 6500 rubles.
Rating of electric lawn mowers: 7 best models of 2019
When using aggregates, no fuel and lubricants will be required.
Electric lawn mowers are quiet and safe.
The disadvantages of such equipment include the need for an extension cord, limited power, and a ban on operation during precipitation.
Among the vast number of models, they most often prefer:
- CMI C-ERM-1200/32. Engine - 1200 W. Mowing levels - 27-62 cm. Mowing width 32 cm. Grass catcher - 30 l. Cost - 3500 rub.
- BOSCH Rotak 32. Engine - 1200 W. Three levels of mowing. Cutting width 32 cm. Cost: approximately 5500 rub.;
- STIGA COMBI 40 E. The body of the lawn mower is made of polypropylene, the deck width is 38 cm. A powerful engine, mulching function, overload protection - this model has many advantages. The grass catcher capacity is 40 liters. Cost: from 11,000 to 13,000 rubles.;
- Bosch ROTAK 43. Powerdrive engine power - 1800 watts. The unit can easily cope with lush tall grass. The width of the cut is 43 cm. Problems with mowing the grass near the decorative elements, fences will not arise. Cost: from 19000 rub.;
- WOLF-Garten A 400 EA. The self-propelled lawn mower is equipped with a built-in engine. All work parts are made of high quality materials. There will be no problems with transportation: the unit has a folding structure;
- AL-KO Classic 3.82 SE. Engine power is 1000 watts. The design of the model includes a plastic grass container, a folding handle equipped with a safety switch. Thanks to the well-thought-out geometry of the wheels and the body, the user will be able to remove grass in the most inaccessible places. Cost: from 20,000 rubles .;
- Sabo 36-EL SA752. A lawn mower with a fairly high price. Among the characteristic features, an engine is distinguished, the power of which is 1300 W, a unique design of the cutting mechanism, 6 cutting levels, a strip width of 36 cm. Cost: approximately 20,500 rubles.
Battery Lawn Mower Rating: 5 Best Models
Battery packs can be used to mow lawns with an impressive footprint. This is because they are not limited by the length of the cable.
Especially popular among buyers are such lawn mowers as:
- Makita DLM431PT2. The list of features includes four wheels, the ability to service the territory, the area of which reaches 750 m2. The volume of the grass catcher is 40 l, the width of the mowing strip is 43 cm. The electric motor operates at a speed of 3600 rpm. Noise level does not exceed 80 dB. Cost: from 16000 rub. up to 19000 rubles .;
- Worx wg779E. Four-wheel model designed to serve 280 m2 of green carpet. The capacity of lithium-ion batteries is 3.5 A. h., The mowing strip width is 34 cm. The volume of the soft grass catcher is 30 l and the mass is 12.1 kg. Cost: 14000-21000 rub.;
- Greenworks 2500207vb. The main advantage of this wireless unit is the presence of two electric motors. The width of the passage is 49 cm, the volume of the grass catcher is 60 liters. The lawn mower weighs about 26 kg. Cost: 19760-30450 rub.
- GARDENA PowerMax Li-18/32. A reliable unit will greatly facilitate the care of the lawn, the area of which does not exceed 250 m2. The volume of the hard grass catcher is 30 l, the width of the mowing strip is 32 cm. The structure weighs 9.3 kg. The list of advantages includes compactness, thoughtful design, durability, ease of control. Cost: 19350-22500 rub.;
- BOSCH Rotak 43 LI. This cordless lawn mower is rated among the best models. It is suitable for gardeners who have a lawn at their disposal (no more than 600 m2). There are 6 levels of mowing height, and a grass catcher with a capacity of 50 liters. It only takes 140 minutes to charge the battery. The design is equipped with a folding handle. Cost: 36800-46300 rub.
Rating of gas mowers: 4 best models
Units running on gasoline are distinguished by reliability, high performance and maneuverability. They are designed to handle large lawns. Among manufacturers producing gas mowers, one can distinguish companies such as Makita, Husqvarna, Champion, AL-CO, Hammer.
The following models occupy leading positions in the ranking:
- CMI 468303. The height of the cut is up to 5 cm, the width is 35 cm. The volume of the grass catcher is 20 l. The only drawback of these units is low power. If the grass is above 15 cm, you will have to walk on the lawn several times. Cost: about 10,000 rubles .;
- Cub Cadet CC LM3 CR53S. The distinctive features of this model include a powerful engine, high quality work and functional design. Cost: 32300-46900 rub.;
- Caiman Ferro 52CV. Suitable for parks, sports and playgrounds. The functionality of the lawn mower is quite extensive. The list of functions includes collecting, mulching and lateral discharge of treated grass. Cost: 36,000 rubles .;
- Husqvarna LC 356 AWD. Self-propelled gearbox equipped with four-wheel drive. The manufacturer was able to provide grip on the most difficult areas. The body is made of steel. The volume of the soft grass catcher is 68 l, the weight of the lawn mower is 39.5 kg. Cost: 55100-64000 rub.